We didn't spend very much time at the Washington Monument. You can go to the top of the monument, but you have to get tickets. The tickets are free, but you have to get the tickets very early in the day or you are out of luck. We didn't get to the monument in time to get tickets so we just enjoyed the outside. The kids enjoyed laying down on the bench looking up at the top of the Washington Monument. Aunt Lindsay also laid down on the bench to enjoy the view. When Devon saw what Aunt Lindsay was doing he had to do exactly what she did. It was really cute to watch him having so much fun with his aunt.


It is quite impressive! I like the simplicity of it. I like how it draws your eyes towards heaven. It reminds me of the painting by Arnold Friberg of George Washington praying by his horse at Valley Forge. I am thankful that George Washington was a God fearing man who fought to guarantee our freedoms.

I enjoyed being able to go up to the base of the monument. The last several times we have visited D.C. (in the past six or so years) we haven't been able to get very close to this monument because it was always under construction. This day it was nice to look up and down the mall without anything blocking the view.The monument is surrounded by american flags. I love watching flags blow in the wind. The motion is so smooth and perfect. It's almost like they are dancing. On this day there was a nice breeze and the sun was shining. The flags looked so beautiful to me, so of course I snapped a few pictures.



1 comment:
Lovely flag photos! All these DC posts are making me really homesick for DC!
Post a Comment