When we first started going to Thunder I was all about the fireworks. I liked the air show, but Chad was the most excited about it. Now, I also love the air show. It's a toss up. I love them both! This year I really got into the air show. Maybe it was because I was trying to capture a blazing fast jet flying by or maybe it was the awesome sound that accompanies the jet. I loved trying to figure out when the jet would appear in the sky. So many spectators had their camera's ready and waiting, playing the same game. I also loved watching the maneuvers they do in the sky, the trail of smoke they leave in their wake, and the precision with which they fly by themselves and with other aircraft. This year I was also touched by all the tributes to our countrymen in the service. Maybe it is because I just got back from visiting so many memorials in Washington D.C., but I felt very grateful for the men and women who protect our country. When they did the missing man formation I was very touched. I am thankful that we live in a nation that honors our armed forces - past, present and future.
I have always been impressed with the fireworks display. It is so spectacular! You have to see it in person to really feel the grandeur of it. The pictures don't do it justice. No matter how many times I go, I never go away disappointed. This year I was a little nervous that I wouldn't get very many good shots of the fireworks. I have switched over to using manual on my camera. I was pleasantly surprised that I got some good shots. Here are some of my favorites. (Sidenote: the first picture in the slideshow is my favorite kind of firework. I also love the waterfall off the bridge)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
If we ever get out to visit you, we will definitely have to plan our trip around this event - my boys would love it!
And you are so amazingly talented with photography!
Awesome job with the firework pics! I definitely felt the grandeur with your photos even though I wasn't there!
Post a Comment