Today the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints sponsored a Day of Service in the Southeastern United States. They linked arms with over 300 different community and civic partners and 400 projects in 14 states. Our ward decided to partner with the Red Cross and host a Blood Drive. We had a good turn-out. I represented our family in donating blood. Chad doesn't do very well with needles, so I went by myself. I haven't given blood in a long time. It was nice to be able to do it again. The blood we donated today will go to benefit our local community. There were several projects going on today around our area. Sadly, some had to be canceled because of the rain.
One of my callings is the Stake Public Relations Director. Because of my calling I have been able to help with the Day of Service in our area. I have been impressed with the amount of work and devotion that has gone into today. It is amazing what we can do when we link arms and work together.


No comments:
Post a Comment