Monday, April 19, 2010

Thunder Memories

Thunder was great this year. We enjoy it every year, but this year was a lot of fun for me because the kids really seemed to get into it this time.

This year we decided to borrow a rolling flatbed cart from our neighbors across the street. We loaded it up with coolers full of water and Gatorade to keep us hydrated, hot dogs, chicken and brats for the barbecues (which were also on the cart) and plenty of other snacks to keep us satisfied. Yes, it was a heavy cart. Fortunately, we had several boys around to help push the load. It was quite a site as we strolled through the city. Actually, they were a lot of help and I really don't think I could have pulled the fully loaded cart all of the way without their help, especially up to the third level of the parking garage that we parked in (the elevators were not working).

Austin was a lot of fun to watch during the afternoon. We had him wear some ear plugs during the air show and he seemed to actually enjoy them. I think he thought he was funny with them in his ears.

Devon and I watched the fireworks together. I have never seen a kid so excited about fireworks. His enthusiasm was so contagious! I thought that he might actually explode during the finale. He was screaming at the top of his lungs. "Woah! Woohoo! Yes! Awesome!" It was pure unadulterated enthusiasm.

No comments: