Sunday, January 17, 2010

Greenville

One of the challenges with my current calling, is that I am away from the family a couple of Sundays each month. Of course, Brooke is the one who carries the heavier load on the Sundays that I am gone, but one of the concerns that I have is whether or not the boys really understand where I am and what I am doing when I am gone. Sometimes I wonder if they just think that Dad skips out on Church a couple of times each month.

My current assignment takes me to Greenville, Kentucky each month. The Greenville Ward is about an hour and a half away from us. I'm fortunate to be able to work with the people in Greenville. They are warm, humble, caring . . . in fact, they remind me a lot of the people I grew to love on my mission.

Today, Kaden and Trevor decided to come to Greenville with me. It was nice to have some company on the long car ride there and back. I tried to warn them both that they would get a lot of attention from everyone in the ward, but I think they were still a little surprised at how many people came up to shake their hands, give them a hug and help them get to primary. They were both very well-behaved during sacrament meeting and had a great time in primary. On the trip back home I asked them how they liked church and Kaden said, "It was the best church time I ever had in my life!" I'm glad that they both enjoyed visiting the Greenville Ward with me today, but more importantly, I'm glad they have a little better idea of what Dad does when he isn't at church with them on Sunday.



2 comments:

NessaAnn said...

Well, tell Kaden I am TOTALLY insulted that his day in Greenville was better than our primary, but I still love him and missed him a lot in Primary today. Trevor too.
Sister Stanfill

Chad said...

Chocolate and Airheads! Their primary teacher cheated, so I wouldn't be too concerned.