
The last couple of days have been hard days for our sweet little Austin. He is having teething troubles. He is working on cutting four molars right now (one on each side of the top and the bottom). The poor little guy is really uncomfortable. The only time he seems to feel better is when we are standing up holding him (and that doesn't always last that long).
Today we had church and I knew it was going to be a struggle (partly because Chad was at another ward this morning). Austin did pretty well for the first 10 minutes or so, but then he started to get uncomfortable. I told the boys that I had to get up with Austin and reminded them to be reverent and then I got up. Standing didn't really help to calm his crying, so instead of standing at the back of the room I had to go out into the lobby. After I got Austin settled down a little I looked through the window to check on the other boys. The Lord really blesses us when Chad is away - I saw one of my young women sitting with my boys. Another one of my young women was sitting behind the boys and she was also helping to watch the boys. What a blessing that was. I didn't need to worry about the big boys, I could just focus on Austin. The poor little guy wasn't getting any relief so I decided to take him home after Sacrament Meeting and give him some medicine and some milk. I asked my good friend Ie Mei if she would watch out for the other boys until I could return to pick them up. Being the wonderful friend that she is (another blessing), Ie Mei told me to take Austin home and put him to sleep and she would bring the rest of the boys home. I felt a little bad because Ie Mei has a baby Austin's age and three other children. After a lot of insisting I consented and thanked her. Austin was so worn out that he fell asleep on the drive home and is now sleeping comfortably in his bed.
As I watched Austin struggle to deal with his pain I saw a parallel to how our Heavenly Father sees us. He sees us struggle and just like me as a mother, he tries to do what he can to ease our pain. Often times Austin doesn't know what he wants so he will just lay on the floor and cry. I am always close by. It is the same with our Heavenly Father. He is always there blessing us and watching over us even if we don't know it. I am thankful for the many blessing that Heavenly Father gives me daily and especially for the ones he blesses me with when Chad is away. Thank you to all the wonderful people who help us on Sunday. You are the blessings the Lord is sending our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment