
Well, it happened again. There was talk of snow and everyone got nervous. I'm not sure we got an inch - you could see the grass poking through the snow. I figured they would close school. Sure enough, when I woke up at 6 am Thursday morning to check the news report, school had been cancelled. It seems really silly to us that they would close school. In Michigan they had recess when it was snowing! We aren't ones to complain though, so I quickly went up to tell the boys to sleep in and then I returned to bed myself!!! When we finally did wake up we decided to go out and enjoy the snow! We had a lot of fun! The snow was pretty soft, so we couldn't have many snowball fights, but we did get out the sleds. And of course, the boys had to feast on the snow! Even Tahoe had a blast running around in the snow!





Austin got to experience the snow for the first time this year. He had mixed feelings. I let him sled down the hill with Trevor once. He liked it until they got to the end where they fell to the side and Austin's face got wet. I did take him down with me once and he liked that a lot more! We went up to the Taylor's house to sled and play for a while. While we were there we tried a new taste treat - snow cone bowls (made with real snow). We made sure to tell the kids to choose the snow that had not been touched. The kids thought the treat was so cool!


On Friday school was cancelled again. The kids were pretty sad about that! Ha! We decided that sledding was the activity of choice again. We had a lot of fun. For the first little while I got the sleds going for the boys. It is so fun to see and hear the excitement coming from the boys as they start to pick up speed! One of Devon's favorite rides down the hill was going down backwards!! Unfortunately, Devon went in before I started taking pictures.
I had a lot of fun playing around with the boys. Sometimes it seems like our lives are all about schedules and we don't have time (or don't make time) to sit back and enjoy playing around with each other. Well, today we took advantage of our free time. One of the best moments for me was after we had all come inside. Tanner and Devon were at the bar drinking hot chocolate. Devon said, "Thank you Mom for pushing me on the sled." Then Tanner said, "Yeah, it is really fun when you come outside and play with us." It was one of those wonderful moments that makes being a mom that much more spectacular!
One of the favorite things to do on the sled is snowboard. Tanner, Kaden, and Trevor all had fun trying to balance while going down the hill. By the end they were doing really well. Here are some shots I got of them sledding:


2 comments:
Snow days are the best! Whether there is an inch or a foot, it is so nice to get off schedule and enjoy the day! Wish we could have been there with you!
Thanks for the Christmas presents we love them!
Brooke, will you send me an email, I have three emails for you and I'm not sure which one is right! thanks
Makes me cold just seeing the photos! But looks like fun. How come we don't get "heat days" off school here?!?
Post a Comment