Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rockin' Out

Kaden loves music. He has been asking for an iPod for a long time. Brooke and I have had some reservations about getting him one for fear that we would lose touch with him as he lost himself in his own little musical world; however, as it became apparent that he was not going to let this issue die, we finally gave in to his relentless requests and gave him an iPod for Christmas.

We are happy to report that, at least so far, our fears were unfounded (Kaden likes to talk WAY too much to just quietly listen to music for hours on end). Watching him listen to his music has actually been very entertaining. He must have music in his bones because he is entirely unable to make it through even one song without singing along or, more often than not, dancing around the house. He has more dance moves in his little seven year old body than he knows what to do with. He clearly gets his dancing expertise from Brooke, because, in spite of the fact that Brooke and I met at a dance, dancing is not one of my favorite pasttimes.

I do enjoy watching him dance though and there have been unexpected benefits from Kaden's iPod ownership. He has begun wearing it while he completes his chores around the house and the complaining has fallen off dramatically. As you can see, he also knows how to dress for the part. He thinks he is pretty cool when he has his earphones in and is bouncing around the house. We think he is pretty cool too!

1 comment:

Diedra Mahaffey said...

you look GOOOOOOOOOD, Kaden!
I have an ipod shuffle that I wear when I workout. It's not as cool as yours tho- on mine, it just plays all the songs I download on it in no particular order... you can't choose any certain one - you just listen to all of them... you are one lucky guy! love you... can't wait to see you in Feb.
love, nana