Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Wonderland


This morning we woke up to six inches of beautiful glistening snow! I love to see the freshly fallen snow early in the morning as the sun begins to come up. It hasn't been touched or disturbed and it looks so soft and inviting! I love how the light dances on top of the snow. So as always, I got my camera out and tried to capture the magical scene outside.








Tanner thinks the birdhouse looks like it has an afro!

I just loved the way the snow formed on the barbecue and doesn't the patio set look inviting!


Chad got to work right away this morning clearing our driveway. We still have our snowblower from when we lived in Michigan, so Chad pulled it out and went to work. I love having a snowblower. Here in Indiana we don't get very many big snowstorms, so Chad has mentioned a couple times that we should sell our snowblower. I always avoid that comment because I love having it on days like today. The snowblower did come in handy today. Chad and Kaden, along with some of our friends, spent most of the day going around to ward members homes to shovel their driveways.





Austin enjoyed watching Chad clear the driveway. I think he wanted to be out there helping!



The boys were very excited to see all the snow this morning. They couldn't wait to get out there. In the afternoon we were able to go to the sledding hill and have some fun. The snow is a lot of fun. We hope it sticks around for a couple of days. I mean if it is going to be freezing outside we might as well have something beautiful to go along with it!

3 comments:

Danika said...

Those are some beautiful photos, but I'm cold just looking at them! Come visit us...it's 70 degrees here!

Amy said...

I LOVE the last picture. Super sweet.

The Mahaffey Family said...

I agree! There might as well be snow if it's going to be so cold! Love the picture of Tanner!