One of the highlights of the recent holiday family reunion was getting reacquainted with our nephew Trevon (aka Trebby). Trebby has an infectious smile and an unabashed aproach with people that will win over even the most cold-hearted individual within a matter of minutes. I loved watching him announce himself as he would come into a room full of people. "My here!" he would exlaim with a huge smile on his face. Or exclaiming, "My found him!" after successfully locating another family member in another room.

Perhaps the most memorable "Trebby" moment for me was on Sunday afternoon after we had all finished eating lunch. I was lying down on the couch for a few minutes and Trebby ran over and climbed up on me. Apparently he decided that he needed some rest too.
I really enjoyed getting to know Trebby a little better during his visit. When I dropped everyone off at the airport for their long flight back to London, I gave everyone a hug. Trebby wouldn't let go of me after I gave him a hug and when I tried to set him down and leave he grabbed my leg and held on for dear life. Yeah, that made leaving the airport a whole lot easier . . . it just about ripped my heart out of my chest, but getting to spend some time with Trebby during his visit was worth the painful goodbye.
1 comment:
Okay, Chad, turning me into waterworks over here! Those last three posts did quite a number on me! And Dallin was pretty delighted to read the post starring him (I mean co-starring him with Tahoe :). All so nice and reminds me that all the effort in making these gatherings happen is worth it (even as I continue to struggle with return jet-lag)! When Trebby saw the photo of him with you he said "I want Uncle Chad." I agree, so will you please get over here! I love you!
Post a Comment