Monday, March 8, 2010

Austin Eats!

Yes, I am very excited when Austin eats what I put in front of him, but today there was another added excitement. Austin ate with a spoon by himself for the first time!! You may be thinking, wow, I can't believe it has taken him this long.

He has played around with a spoon before, but he has never fed himself with it. This is partly because he is boy #5 and I am tired and I want to feed him quickly so I can eat. It is also partly because Austin is a thrower. The other boys didn't have much trouble with this, but Austin is a different story. Austin gets a lot of delight out of throwing his food. Recently we have taught him to give us his food if he doesn't want it. This is a wonderful thing, but you have to be paying attention because if he has to wait very long he will go ahead and throw his food. Since he is doing better I thought I would try and see how well he would do with a spoon.



He did a great job. I thought there might be a problem with peas rolling off his spoon, but he seemed to be able to handle it really well. He was pretty excited to be using the spoon by himself! It was fun to watch him taking bites.

Have I mentioned lately how quickly he is growing up? We are so blessed to have Austin in our family. He is such a cute and loving little guy. I can't believe he is almost ready to go into Nursery.

Just as a side note - Tonight during Family Home Evening Austin was sitting on the couch with Devon and Tanner. He was feeling pretty cool sitting with the big boys. He was so excited that he started bouncing the back of his head against the couch. That gave everyone a laugh! At another point during FHE Austin grabbed his foot (which was missing a sock) and tried to eat it! He quickly looked up at me and flashed me the cutest little smile. What a silly little dude!

No comments: