Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Simple Act of Kindness

You want to know what made my day today? A simple act of kindness. Last night as I was sitting at the computer (probably doing a blog post) I received a phone call from a friend. She informed me that she would be bringing my family and me dinner tomorrow. I was a little surprised and I wondered if maybe someone had mistakenly told her we weren't doing well. No, she knew we were doing well. She told me she knew I was busy and she thought this would be a good time to bring us dinner. I work with the Young Women at church. Tonight we had a big program and my friend knew that I would be busy with all the preparations. I can't tell you what a wonderful surprise that was. I was just tickled to think that someone would be so thoughtful. The kicker is that she just recently had a baby. I was humbled and delighted to receive such a wonderful gift! I hope to grow up to be like her someday! Thank you . . . YOU MADE MY DAY!

1 comment:

Diedra Mahaffey said...

You totally deserve it sweetie... I just wish I was closer so that I could have you over for dinner once in a while. You've done such a great job raising that family & done it essentially without any family close by to help! You are amazing! I love you!
mom