Saturday, March 6, 2010

Austin is four wheelin'

Today was a beautiful day! It was so nice that we decided to go outside and enjoy it! Now that Austin can walk, I thought he might like to try out the little four wheeler that all of the boys have used. When I put Austin on it, he got so excited! He just kept smiling and looking down at what he was on. I would start him off at the edge of the garage and then he would move his little legs to start rolling forward. The farther he got the bigger his smile would get.

It was a great feeling to watch him learning how to do the four wheeler on his own. Partly because it gives me a little freedom, but mostly because it made him feel so big and so proud! He is growing up so fast. I am glad I am able to share these fun moments with him!

At one point Austin fell off the four wheeler onto his face (I think he trying to see how many bruises he can fit on his forehead). He cried for a minute, but then he started looking around for his four wheeler.

In no time he was riding around again with an even bigger smile! Wouldn't it be nice if we could all react that way when we get hurt. Ah, the lessons I learn from these little guys. Thanks for your fun smiles today Austin!!

2 comments:

shannon said...

Way, way too cute! But tell Austin no more growing until he sees Aunt Shannon again! We miss you guys!

Diedra Mahaffey said...

WAY to GO, AUSTIN! WE MISS YOU!
love, nana & papa