Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kaden the "Baptist"

Each Sunday, the boys write in their journals. Typically, they write about one or two events from the previous week that stand out to them. The younger boys draw pictures and dictate their journal entry while the older boys either write or type their entry for the week. This past week, Kaden decided to write about his baptism. When he asked me to proofread his entry for the week, this is what I found:
I was so excited about being baptist on February 21, 2010. It felt so
good to be baptist in the church with my family watching me get baptist on a Sunday afternoon. I felt so good after my baptism that I smiled the rest of the day. I got a few presents. The presents were a gold coin and an honesty statue and I also got a pocket hymn book.

No offense to my Baptist friends, but I couldn't stop laughing when I read it. Kaden has a great sense of humor, so we both laughed as I asked him if he had joined the Baptist faith. He has a unique ability to not take himself too seriously, which I think is one of the main reasons that he enjoys life so much.

No comments: