Today was the first day of Spring Break for the boys. It was a cold rainy day outside, so I thought it would be fun to kick off Spring Break with a trip to the Drive-In. I know it's a bit unusual, but hold on a minute, let me explain. We turned our TV room into a Drive-In . . . complete with a snack bar! We invited our friends, The Taylors, to come to the Drive-In with us. The movie was set to start at 1:30 pm. All morning we got ready for the movie. We made popcorn holders. I printed out templates and the boys colored them. Once we completed those we set to making cars for the Drive-In. We found some spare boxes and started cutting. Kaden got very excited when he saw me get out the exact-o knife. He immediately asked me if he could get out his pocket knife. After I said yes, he raced upstairs. Kaden did a very good job. He was very careful and he cut his car all by himself.
Austin got really excited when he saw the boys sitting in their boxes. Austin was supposed to take a nap during the movie so we hadn't got him a box. But when I saw how excited he was we had to get him a box. Sure enough he was so excited when we put him in his box.
While Kaden, Trevor, and Devon were working on their wheels, Tanner was creating a hover craft! He made a cool motherboard inside of his car. It was equipped with everything from a video phone to a tray that holds fruit and vegetables. It was cool.
Finally the time arrived for the movie to start. The kids all parked their cars and came over to the Snack Bar to buy some sweets for the movie. When the Taylor's arrived we gave all the kids some Monopoly money to use to buy things from the Snack Bar. The snack bar had popcorn, water, SweetTarts, Cookies, and Apple Slices. It was fun and interesting to see what each one of the kids decided to spend their money on.
The movie we watched was Monsters vs. Aliens. Amazingly enough all of the kids stayed in their cars for the whole movie. We had a lot of fun. It was a great way to start our Spring Break!










3 comments:
You are so amazing and creative. I officially nominate you for mother-of-the-year! :)
Love this! I think we'll have to copy you and do the same. Wish we could have you all over for a movie.
OHMIGOSH... you are the best !
What a fun time! Thanks for taking
great pictures - I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!
Great cars, guys!!!
love, nana
Post a Comment