Every Monday and Friday I do laundry. Whoever is at home when the laundry comes out of the dryer gets to help fold. So that usually means Trevor and Devon help the most. We taught the boys at a young age how to fold their own laundry. The boys know what to do, but that doesn't always mean they want to do it. None of the boys really like to fold laundry, but some are more willing than others.
Maybe it is because he is the middle child or maybe it's because he has watched and learned, but Trevor is usually the one who gets the job done quickly and with a smile. Today I have been busy sewing flags for a Young Women program. I had about two hours this morning when the four older boys were at school and Austin was napping. I was running the laundry, but instead of folding it right away I set it on the couch so I could get the sewing done before the boys got back. When Trevor got home I was almost done with the flag I was working on. I asked Trevor how his day was and then told him to start his homework - I would be done in a couple of minutes when I had completed the flag. When I got downstairs I noticed that Trevor had finished his homework and was over at the couch folding laundry! What a wonderful surprise! It was even more wonderful when I realized that none of the clothes in that load were Trevor's. He was folding all of his brothers' clothes!! I was so impressed.
Thank you Trevor for your sweet helpfulness today. You made my day! I love you!!



No comments:
Post a Comment