We are fortunate that wherever we have lived, we have been able to live relatively close to a temple. Temples are an important part of our faith. They are special places where we go to make important covenants with our families and with our Father in Heaven. Brooke and I were married in the Oakland California temple.
When we went to school at BYU, we would walk to the Provo Utah temple every week. Little did we realize then, how fortunate we were to live so close to a temple.



Since graduating, we have lived in California, Kentucky, Michigan and Indiana. While we have never been able to walk to the temple since leaving Provo, we have always lived within reasonable driving distance of a temple.
The temple is a very important part of our lives. It is the temple that reminds us of our true relationship to God as His sons and daughters. The temple is what reminds us that because of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can be sealed to our families for all eternity.
I love to go to the temple with Brooke. Fortunately, we have always had good friends who are willing to watch the boys while we go to the temple. I look forward to our monthly date at the temple and am always glad that we made the effort to wake up early and make the two hour drive to the temple. The feeling that I have when I attend the temple is one of reassuring peace and happiness. No matter what type of challenge I may be facing at the time, when I attend the temple I am blessed with feelings of peace, confidence, gratitude, conviction and faith.










No comments:
Post a Comment