Sunday, February 21, 2010

Today Kaden was Baptized!


Today Kaden was so excited when he woke up. There wasn't much complaining when I came in to wake the boys up. Kaden usually likes to stay in his bed until the last possible moment, but not today. He got ready quickly and came down for breakfast. He told me he wasn't going to eat because he wasn't hungry. I think he was too excited to eat.

The baptism wasn't until 4 pm, so most of the day Kaden asked me questions like, "When are we leaving?", "When do I get changed?" and "Is it almost time?" When we finally got to the church for the baptism, Kaden ran right in. You couldn't take the smile off of Kaden's face!

It was a really nice baptism. Nana (my mom) gave the opening prayer and Papa (my dad) gave a wonderful talk on the Holy Ghost. We are so glad that Nana, Papa, Aunt Lindsay and Colby were able to be here for the baptism. Chad did a wonderful job baptizing Kaden. He also gave Kaden a nice blessing.
After the baptism, Kaden got a little sick. We think it is because of too much excitement on a mostly empty stomach. Kaden's stomach was hurting him really bad, but he still wanted to be downstairs with everyone. When it was time to go to bed I sat down with Kaden and asked him about his baptism. He told me he felt very good, happy, clean and pure! He said he was thankful that his dad baptized him. He also said that he thought Nana and Papa did a really good job. At the conclusion of the conversation, I asked Kaden, "How do you feel right now?" I kind of laughed because he hadn't been feeling very well. He looked at me and laughed a little and said, "I feel AWESOME!"
We are so proud of Kaden for making such an important decision to be baptized. He is already developing such a strong testimony. Kaden is such a wonderful boy. He is so full of energy and love! Kaden makes you want to smile and be happy. We love you Kaden! You are an "AWESOME" boy!

3 comments:

shannon said...

So happy for Kaden and his special day! Great pics, Brooke!

The Mahaffey Family said...

Congratulations Kaden! We wish we could have been there!

Diedra Mahaffey said...

Thanks for letting us come, eat your food-Tanner, sleep in your bed-Trevor, help with your baptism-Kaden, play games with you-Devon, and actually hold you-Austin! We loved every single minute we were there & now we miss you more!!!
love you all... nana & papa