Friday, February 26, 2010

Photography


I love to take pictures (not that you haven't noticed). I have enjoyed trying to improve my skills over the years. Early on I was able to take a class. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot, but then I got busy being a mom. I still took pictures, but I wasn't progressing much. The last couple of years I have been able to work on my photography more. I have some good friends who are photographers who have been kind enough to field all of my questions. I have learned a lot from them.

I love the challenge of trying to catch my boys doing something cool or trying to capture a beautiful image the way my eyes behold it. A little while ago I got a macro lens and I have really enjoyed using it. The macro lens makes for a more interesting picture in my mind. I love to focus on one small spot while the rest of the picture falls into the background.

A couple of nights ago I helped put on a baby shower. After it was over I had to take pictures of some of the decorations. Partly for future use and partly for fun. My boys probably thought I was a little weird taking so many pictures of baby food jars, but I was having fun using the macro lens. Here are some of my favorites.





1 comment: