Monday, February 1, 2010

Cub Scout Achievements

Over the past couple of years, progressing in Cub Scouts has not been on the top of Tanner's to-do list. It's not that he doesn't like scouts, he loves going to Cub Scouts every week, he just isn't quite as anxious to complete the requirements that have to be done at home. I think his reasoning goes something like, "I'd rather be playing!" Can't really say that I blame him sometimes.

Lately, however, he has been on a roll and it paid off at the pack meeting last week. He earned several activity badges and was pretty excited when he finally received them at the pack meeting. Later that evening as I was putting him to bed, Tanner was still pumped about all of the awards he received and said, "Dad, I want to earn all of the activity badges before my birthday and I especially want to earn my Arrow of Light!"

I was pretty happy that Tanner worked so hard and earned the activity badges, but the highlight of the day for me was the sense of accomplishment and renewed motivation that was in his eyes as I said goodnight to him.



3 comments:

Danika said...

It's hard to believe I'll be entering into the fun world of scouting with Brandon in just 6 months...

Scott said...

Way to go Tanner! I need to show this to Dallin. --Uncle Scott

Diedra Mahaffey said...

TAN-MAN !!! YOU are wonderful!!!
Congratulations! Remember... if you earn all the activity day badges you get a HUGE candy-bar poster from papa & me that has one candy for every activity badge you earn! KEEP GOING!!! We love you!
(I think it took Mason a month to eat his whole poster! ha!)
love you....nana & papa