My boys have a way of making me smile when I don't expect it. Yesterday was no exception. Kaden wanted to finish one of his cub scout requirements. He had to scrunch down into a ball, count down from 10 and then blast off to see how high he could jump. I told him I would take a picture of him so he could see how high he jumped. It didn't take long for the other boys to join in. It was pretty funny watching each of the boys jump. Kaden gets so excited - he pulls up his legs and his arms. Trevor jumps straight up with his hands at his sides. He looks just like a rocket. Devon jumps in a similar fashion. After a couple of jumps they did start to bend a little. Tanner is somewhere in between. Tanner jumps the highest. Usually, by the time Kaden, Trevor, and Devon reach the top of their jump Tanner is already on his way back down. They were pretty funny to watch. Can't you see their personalities coming through?
After lunch the boys headed outside to play in the snow. At one point Tanner came to the door with snow all over his face and coat. I opened the door and he asked me if I could clean off his glasses for him. He looked a little sad. I asked him if he fell in the snow. His face lit up and he said, "It was AWESOME!" That made my heart smile!
In the evening, we were all sitting in the family room watching the olympics. Austin was walking around playing with different toys. At one point I looked behind the couch and saw Austin inside the cabinet behind a row of binders! I'm not even sure how he got back there. It made me laugh. Of course the boys wanted to know why I was laughing. When I showed them where Austin was they all laughed and ran over to him. We all got a pretty good kick out of it!
I am blessed to be able to be at home with my boys. I know not every mom gets that chance and I am thankful that I can. It's all about these special moments. Life is good.



No comments:
Post a Comment