Monday, February 8, 2010

Keeping it Simple

Yesterday, on the way home from church, I was having a little fun with Devon. I was joking around with him that he was such a big two year old and he said, "Dad, I'm not two!" I asked him how old he was and he told me that he was four. Acting surprised, I asked, "When did you turn four?" "Dad," he said, "I turned four after I was three!"

I love how kids keep things so simple. Sometimes, I have to remind myself to not let things get too complicated. I'm not sure, where along the path to adulthood we lose that simple, pure perspective on life, but I'm glad I have my kids to reign me in when I let work, church assignments, raising a family and the many other responsibilities of life get overly complex.

My brief conversation with Devon on Sunday was just another reminder of how much more enjoyable life can be when I choose to keep things simple.

No comments: