Tonight the boys and I watched the Olympics. The first event we saw was Figure Skating. Tanner really likes this event. He has been complaining because most of the skating takes place after he goes to bed. Tonight though, he got to see a couple of the ladies skate. The first lady did really well, but fell on a jump and then she singled her next jump which was supposed to be a triple axle.
Tanner asked why she fell.
He said that a triple axle was easy – that he could do it!
I asked, “On skates?”
He said right here (on the carpet).
Then he got up and did his jump.
I smirked and said, “only one!”
He said, “Wow, they do three?”
To which Kaden replied, “That’s why they call it a triple axle.”
We all laughed.
Tanner tried a couple more times to do at least a double jump.
He even tried to jump from the top of the couch.
He was a little hesitant so he didn’t quite get a full turn. I was impressed that he kept trying. He was sure that he could do it! Go for the Gold Tanner!
No comments:
Post a Comment