Eight is an exciting age for an LDS boy. Eight is when a person can be baptized, which Kaden is anxiously looking forward to in a few weeks. Eight is also when a boy begins Cub Scouts and Kaden is ready. Kaden is like a remote control car that has been lifted into the air, throttled to full speed and set back down on the ground. Just as the car immediately takes off when it hits the ground, Kaden is racing into Cub Scouts with great enthusiasm.
Nana and Papa gave Kaden his Cub Scout shirt and Wolf book for his birthday. He opened his gifts on Monday evening and it was all Brooke could do to convince Kaden to allow her to wait until the next day to sew on all of his patches. He even took his book to bed with him and began memorizing the Cub Scout Promise and gave me the Cub Scout handshake before he said goodnight.
Tonight was Kaden's first Cub Scout meeting and he had several of the Bobcat requirements completed before he went. His enthusiasm for life is one of the things that I admire most about Kaden.




2 comments:
We went to the "Great to Be Eight" fireside a few weeks ago. On the way home I asked Brandon if he was excited to get baptized. He said, "I can't wait to get baptized so I can do Cub Scouts!" Good thing we have 6 months to re-teach him the real reason we get baptized! :)
your boys are so DARLING brooke. I love seeing all the pictures. They remind me of Cameron's boys - very busy little boys indeed :) so much fun!!!
Post a Comment