Today when I came home from work, Brooke and the boys were just sitting down to eat dinner. Usually, I get changed as soon as I get home, but since dinner was on the table, I just put my coat away and sat down to join the rest of the family for dinner. Kaden asked me if I was going to get changed out of my work clothes. I told him that I would after dinner. He kept asking me why I didn't just go get changed right away. He was especially interested in when I would be changing my shoes.
When I went into our closet to change after dinner, I found an envelope in the bottom of my Crocs that I usually wear around the house in the winter. I didn't open it right away. Rather, I put them on and walked out into the family room as if nothing unusual had occurred. Kaden thought it was so funny when I pretended that I had not noticed the envelope in my shoe. He laughed as only Kaden can laugh. It was a nice way to start the evening after a long day at work!

No comments:
Post a Comment