A couple of weeks ago we were at the park for Devon's Preschool Graduation. After the ceremony was over the kids ran over to the playground to celebrate. We had recently had rain and there was a big puddle under the merry-go-round. Devon and his friends keyed in on that right away.
I glanced over and saw all three of them running through the water with the biggest smiles on their faces. It was one of those moments when your first instinct is to grab your child out of the muddy water, but the pure joy you see on their face makes you wait a minute. As I watched the kids laugh and play I couldn't bring myself to tell them to stop. We all had a fun time watching the kids run around in the water while hanging onto the merry-go-round.
Trevor wanted to join in the fun, but he didn't want to get wet, so instead he decided take on a challenge. As the merry-go-round was turning Trevor would jump over the puddle and onto the seat. He did great and had a good time. He didn't get wet at all!
Austin enjoyed the teeter-totter. I saw as much joy in his face as I did on Devon's face while he was in the water. Austin was loving it!
It was a fun day. The boys all had a great time playing with all of the equipment. Ahhh, to be a kid again and play all day!!















No comments:
Post a Comment