Do you remember when you were in school and your teacher told the class they would be taking a field trip? Suddenly school wasn't so bad and life was great! I don't remember much about the field trips I took, but I remember the excitement. Getting to go on an adventure in the big yellow school bus was what we all hoped we could do before the school year ran out.
This week that same excitement has been in our house. Both Kaden and Trevor had a field trip on Friday. Kaden went to the Zoo and Trevor went to the Children's Museum. Unfortunately, both field trips were the same time of day and I can only be in one place at one time (contrary to popular belief!). Trevor brought home his permission slip first, so I went with him on his trip.
It was fun to be ale to go with Trevor on his field trip. I try to go on all of the field trips the boys have. The boys like having me come and I like to come because I get to spend some special one on one time with them.
As I said before, Trevor's class went to the Children's Museum. Trevor had a lot of fun checking out the exhibits. His favorite was the Quack Factory (home of Moe the duck). You get to shoot balls up onto the giant duck, climb inside the duck and slide down the curvy slide. Trevor loved climbing up the duck and racing down the slide. He was so fast, in fact, that I didn't get one clear picture of him coming out of the slide.
Trevor also enjoyed pulling out intestines, playing the harp and drums, and digging for dinosaur bones.
When it was time to leave all the kids were tired and ready to go. I drove behind the bus on the way to and from the school. It was pretty interesting to watch the kids. On the way to the museum they were very excited. They waved and smiled at me. On the way home I hardly saw a little head pop up.
It was a really fun morning trip. I'm glad I was able to go with Trevor. I only wish I could be in two places at once because then I would have been able to go with Kaden as well. Kaden had a great field trip to the zoo. When he got home he told me all about the animals he saw. I almost felt like I went with him!









1 comment:
You are very lucky that you can always go if you're able. Our school really limits the # of chaperones (and they only do 1-2 field trips per year)...usually like about 2-4 parents per class. They hold a "lottery" drawing to see which parents get to go. I've never gotten to go! :( Maybe one of these years...
Post a Comment