Monday, May 24, 2010

Primary Presentation

Yesterday, Tanner was in charge of Sharing Time in Primary. He had to plan and carry out a Primary activity to complete a requirement for the Faith in God award. He decided to create and play a game of Jeopardy using the Articles of Faith. Brooke and Tanner worked on the Jeopardy questions Saturday night while I ran to the store for the poster board. After the whole game was put together, Tanner was visibly excited to host the game the next day.

I was assigned to speak in another ward that is about an hour south of where we live. Tanner was so excited about his activity that I was a little disappointed that I would not be there to see it. As sacrament meeting finished, I looked up at the clock . . . Tanner would be starting his activity in 45 minutes. I realized that if I hurried, I would be able to make it back to our ward in time for Tanner's Sharing Time Activity. I turned to the Bishop of the ward I was speaking in to let him know that I was altering my plans, then quickly hurried out the back door. With a little divine intervention (green lights all the way) and a little help from my lead foot, I was able to make it to our ward just in time. I won't quickly forget the look of astonishment that was on Tanner's face when he saw me walk into the primary room.

Tanner did a great job! He was very confident and poised throughout the activity. I think he really enjoyed being in charge. All of the other kids seemed to have a good time too and actively participated. Brooke and I were able to just sit back and enjoy the entertainment. At the end of the activity, he passed out Starbursts to the winners. He had plenty of leftovers, so he wandered the halls after church passing out Starbursts to anyone who would take them. All in all, the activity was a success and I think Tanner felt pretty good about himself.

2 comments:

Danika said...

Can you type up the questions for me? I know a few primary presidents who would love to use that activity!

Diedra Mahaffey said...

WAY TO GO TAN-MAN!!!
I always knew you were a GREAT leader! Can't wait to see you in
about 6 weeks... HURRY UP!!!
love you... Nana