Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cork ball

While Chad and I were in California we went over to Chad's parents house. Chad was looking around in the garage and he found some old cork balls. I had never heard of cork balls before. They look just like baseballs, but they are about half of the size. Chad knew the boys would love the balls, so he grabbed a bunch and brought them home along with an old mitt of his.

Tonight we all got to try them out for the first time. The boys have been very excited to try out the cork balls. Tanner was a little nervous to play. He hasn't played much baseball.


Tanner surprised himself. He did really well. Chad told Tanner to get mad at the ball. That is exactly what he did. That did the trick.


By the end of the game Tanner was smacking the ball way into the outfield. He was pretty excited to see how well he could do!


Trevor was loving it tonight! He smacked the ball way out there. As usual, you could see it on his face.


Austin was getting a little cranky, so Chad grabbed him and put a bat in his hands. From then on out he was hardly without it. Chad and I helped him bat and every time he hit the ball he laughed! It was really cute.


Kaden had a lot of fun with the cork balls also. Just like his brothers, he hit the ball way out there. Kaden also got to do a little pitching. He pitched to Austin and then to Chad. He did a great job!


Devon had a great time hitting the balls and running after his brothers' grounders. Devon has a good little arm. He did a great job throwing the ball.


Chad and I had a fun time playing with the boys. It was fun to play as a family. Our schedules have been so crazy lately. It was nice to get away from that even for one night. It was great to see the boys all smiling and having fun together.


I see another ball player in our future!








I know it is hard to see, but this is Chad getting Kaden out while Kaden was sliding into third.


When the sunset started lighting up the sky we had to head home, but I am sure we will be back for more in the upcoming summer months.

No comments: