Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Last Day of School

Today was an exciting and busy day. Our morning started with an Awards Assembly at the Elementary School. The awards are for grades 3-5. Tanner was got an award for A-B Honor Roll. Tanner did a great job this year. He got all A's with only a couple of B's.


At the end of the assembly they honored the fifth graders with a powerpoint presentation. Last week the fifth grade teachers asked all the parents for some baby pictures to put in the presentation. The presentation was really nice. I was really surprised that I started to get emotional. I think it is finally hitting me that Tanner is growing up. Big changes are ahead. He is going to start Middle School and he will become a Blazer Scout. I am so proud of him.


Tanner, Kaden and Trevor all enjoyed field day at school. Sorry, I don't have any pictures. The boys had a lot of fun. They got to participate in tons of water activities. One of which was being sprayed by a firetruck's hose.

The fun didn't stop there. After the boys got home from school we headed over to a Root Beer Float Party. Our friends invited us over to celebrate the last day with water games and treats! Once again the boys got wet. They filled up water balloons and water guns, then the battle began. It was boys against girls. They all appeared to be having fun, except the girls kept complaining that the boys (not just mine) were breaking the rules. All the moms could say was why are there so many rules.


After the party we met Chad at Old Chicago for dinner to celebrate (yes again!!) the boys doing such a good job this year. Kaden and Trevor also did really well on their grades. Kaden got all A's and Trevor got all S's! Great job boys! After filling up on good food Chad suggested that we go to Cold Stone. I mean if you're going to celebrate you gotta have Ice Cream, right!

No comments: