Friday, May 28, 2010

A Special Surprise

This evening Chad surprised me. He left work a little early and got home before our pizza was ready to eat. He quickly changed his clothes and told me he needed to run to the gas station real quick to get some gas for the lawnmower. I was a little surprised that he wanted to go right at that moment, but the gas station is right outside our neighborhood so I didn't mind.

When Chad got home I didn't see a full gas can, I saw a babysitter! Chad surprised me with dinner plans! What a treat. It is one of those things a girl is always hoping for, at least I always am! I can remember many afternoons hoping Chad would call and tell me he was taking me out on the town. Well tonight my dream came true and to make it even better Chad surprised me with it! I definitely hit the jackpot when I found Chad (and not just because of tonight)! I quickly got dressed, said goodbye to the boys and then we were off.

We decided to try a new place for dinner. Chad suggested a Japanese restaurant, Nagasaki Steak and Sushi, so we decided to give it a try. The restaurant was very good and I loved the atmosphere! This place is just like Benihana. I haven't ever been to Benihana, but I have always wanted to go, so this was a lot of fun.


We ate at the Hibachi Grill. You sit around a grill and a chef comes to your table and cooks your dinner right in front of you. It was really cool to watch them cook and perform. We saw one of the chefs juggling eggs and throwing them up in the air with his spatula. Then he caught it on the side of his spatula and cracked it onto the grill. The food was delicious!


Chad and I had a wonderful date! It was nice to have a night out with each other. Thanks so much for a fantastic evening Chad. I loved the surprise and I love you!

1 comment:

Danika said...

What a fun surprise! I've always wanted to try Benihana's too! Maybe I'll see if there's one in Newport Beach...