Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tanner Is Almost Done

In four short school days Tanner will be done with elementary school. I can't believe he is going to be starting middle school this fall. Tanner has come a long way and I have seen him grow up so much this year.

Last year Tanner had a hard year. School was challenge and it made Tanner start dreading school. Unfortunately that attitude transferred over into many aspects of his life. He just wasn't happy. We tried a lot of things to help him improve his attitude, but the thing that really helped was an opportunity to go to California. My Mom told Tanner that if he could turn things around she would buy him a plane ticket to come visit during the summer. Talk about motivation! He was on board. Tanner did a great job. He worked really hard and did turn things around. He earned his trip to California. He had a really great time visiting both grandparents and hanging out with his cousins.

This year has been much better for Tanner. He comes home from school happier and his overall attitude is more positive. In the past couple of weeks Tanner has really impressed me. On Sunday our internet was down and I had to go to a friend's house to finish a church assignment. Chad was in charge of Seminary Graduation and he had to be at the church. I left Tanner home to babysit the other boys for a short time. When I got home I walked in to find Tanner in the kitchen cutting strawberries. He was starting dinner. In fact, he was a little disappointed because he wanted to have dinner finished by the time I returned. He had also changed Austin's diaper, had given him his milk, and changed him into his jammies. He also made sure that the house was cleaned up. I was so impressed.

Time is going too fast, as it usually does, and Tanner is growing up right before my eyes. I am so glad to have him in our family. I am glad he is the oldest. He is a good example for his brothers.

We love you Tanner! Keep up the good work, but slow down, you are growing up too fast!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Way to go, Tanner! Dallin saw this picture and is jealous!
Uncle Scott